Mia - Adopted
Mia is a 7 month old Podengo type puppy that has been raised in a home and is very sweet and affectionate, house trained, good on a lead and very sociable with other dogs and people.
She was originally found wandering the streets of Portugal very thin and starving, around 4 to 5 weeks old and was taken to the private shelter run by our partners in the Algarve to rebuild her strength. She has been living in a home since.
She is now is a very fast, energetic and playful Podengo type pup, who is super smart! She's an adorable little girl with such a sweet temperament.
Information about Mia:
- She was born on 06/08/2020
- She is only 9.6kg and is almost fully grown
- She is fully vaccinated and has been treated for fleas, ticks and worms.
- She comes with her own passport.
- She is house trained
- She does have high prey drive and as such is not to be trusted off lead until recall is 100% and this may take several months
- Please note that she cannot be rehomed in a house with a cat or any other small animal.
We would ideally like to rehome her with another dog as she is so sociable and absolutely LOVES to play!
ADOPTERS MUST LIVE WITHIN 30 mins drive of GU52 – applications from further away will not be considered
COVID- 19 - Until further notice adopters need to live within 30mins of GU52.
FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN UNDER 10 - The shelters in Portugal are also in lockdown and this prevents people visiting the shelter. Until children are able to meet the puppies and our fosterers assess their reactions, we will not be adopting to families with children under the age of 10 until things return to normal.